Quality, affordable housing that is accessible to good jobs, good schools and public transportation will benefit everyone in Fairfax County. As Chair, I will prioritize building affordable housing for Fairfax County residents. I was honored to be appointed by Governor Terry McAuliffe to serve as Chair of the Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA), where I helped make it possible for thousands of moderate income Virginians to buy a home. During my time with VHDA, the organization originated loans that helped nearly 8,000 families purchase homes and provided homebuyer education to 127,000 Virginians.
- Originated $6.9 billion of homeownership loans which served 38,571 households.
- Issued $460.8 million of Mortgage Credit Certificates serving 11,853 households.
- Provided Homebuyer Education for 127,482 individuals (either in-person or online).
- Originated $2.7 billion of rental loans which financed 474 developments with 40,600 units.
- Issued federal low income housing tax credits that generated approximately $2.5 billion of equity to be used in the construction/rehabilitation of 395 rental developments with 32,678 units serving persons with incomes at or below 60% of the area’s median income.
- Disbursed $995 million of federal rental assistance to very low income households.
- Allocated $217.7 million of internally generated funds to VHDA’s REACH Virginia initiative which provides financing, grants and technical assistance to support the housing needs of Virginia’s diverse communities.
- Issued $3.9 billion of taxable and tax-exempt bonds.
- Issued $5.3 billion of Ginnie Mae and Fannie Mae mortgage backed securities.
You can support a common sense, progressive agenda to address our Fairfax County’s most pressing needs by donating to the Tim Chapman Campaign for the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors. No donation is too small.
We thank you for your support!