100% RENEWABLE ENERGY
Fairfax County has the resources and the will to be a model for Virginia and the rest of the country when it comes to environmental stewardship and the commitment to develop an energy sector of the future. Our children’s futures are at stake and we cannot wait any longer to address the impending crisis that previous inaction has caused. As County Board Chair, I would enthusiastically implement the plan for a Green New Deal Virginia, to create thousands of good jobs addressing climate change and restoring Virginia’s environment. I’ll work to guarantee clean water and air for our citizens, reduce our emissions and build the green workforce of the future:
- Commit to 100% renewable energy for Fairfax County by 2030.
- Oversee investment in job training programs in the renewable energy sector and get the wheels in motion for an energy efficient smart-grid in Fairfax County.
- Invest transportation dollars in public transit instead of building bigger roads.
- Commit our schools and Fairfax government building to a net zero carbon footprint.
- Provide real estate breaks for environmentally and efficient new home designs, and for existing homeowners that actively reduce their environmental impact.
- Accelerate the retrofitting of our stormwater infrastructure.
You can support a common sense, progressive agenda to address our Fairfax County’s most pressing needs by donating to the Tim Chapman Campaign for the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors. No donation is too small.
We thank you for your support!